An old co-worker of mine used to order in from the Mexican Restaurant next door quite often and all she ever ordered was Pollo En Crema. It always smelled so good and one day she said , “You HAVE to try this, it to die for!”
So all these years later I decided now was the time. I chose to make it in the crock pot.
Here’s the finished product:
I started with;
- 4 pieces of chicken cubed (I like boneless chicken breast or thighs)
- Zuchinni squash cubed (2 0r 3, I like the green and yellow)
- 1/2 cub Mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 1 Can of Cream of mushroom soup (you can choose fat free)
- 1 8 oz. box of cream cheese (you can choose fat free)
I put the cubed up chicken on high in the crock pot and just checked on it as they day went on but I’d say it went for three hours.
Next cut up the zucchini’s and much rooms and toss them in. If you like you could grill them first.
I then added in the cream of mushroom soup.
I softened the cream cheese on a microwave safe dish in the microwave, then added that as well.
I mixed it all up, put the lid on and let it cook for another 2 or so hours.
OH MY GOODNESS!!
I also made a kale and lettuce and tomato salad, along with a grilled jalapeno to go along with it. (sorry that pic did not turn out too well), sliced up some avocado as well.